Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Yes...I know this recipe has been done to death on food blogs recently, but it really is yummy, so I thought I would post it anyway. I made this for Super Bowl Sunday, and I think it went over pretty nicely. My biggest concern was being able to take a nice picture of a somewhat unattractive dish. Luckily my husband stepped in and helped me come up with a great picture!


Buffalo Chicken Dip (recipe from Allrecipes.com)
2 (10 oz) cans chunk chicken, drained (I used one rotisserie chicken)
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
1 (8 oz) box chicken flavored crackers

Shred rotisserie chicken (I used mostly white meat, but added in a little dark meat for flavor). Heat chicken with hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
Transfer meat and sauce to small crockpot. Mix in cream cheese, ranch dressing, and cheddar cheese. Heat on low.

Serve warm with celery and crackers.


A quick synopsis of the results: I'm really glad that I decided to use rotisserie chicken. I can't imagine that the canned chicken would have added much in the flavor department. The rotisserie chicken worked great because of the added flavor plus the meat was tender and mixed in well with the sauce. The smaller pieces of meat allowed you to get more chicken and sauce in each bite, which is always important with dips. I also liked using the crockpot rather than baking the dip (as some recipes suggest); using the crockpot allowed the dip stay warm throughout the party.

Anyway if you haven't had a chance to try this dip yet, I definitely encourage you to give it a shot with this recipe. It is well worth it!

No comments: