Thursday, January 24, 2008

No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

These are my husband's favorite cookies! The best part is that they are so simple to make. I can imagine that these will be my "go-to" cookies for quite awhile. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of these because they were gone pretty quickly. I will say that these are a bit hard to make pretty, but they are so tasty! Anyway, here's my mother-in-law's recipe.

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp cocoa
3/4 stick butter (6 tbsp)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups oatmeal

Mix first three ingredients together until moistened in a sauce pot. Bring mixture to a low boil and allow it to thicken slightly. Remove from heat. Add next four ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Spoon mixture onto parchment paper to form cookies.

Eat with a big glass of milk! YUM!

No comments: